Murder investigation launched after 15-year-old boy stabbed in London | UK News
Police have launched a murder investigation following the stabbing of a boy, believed to be a 15-year-old, in London.
New Scotland Yard said officers and paramedics were called to Highbury Fields park in north London just before 9pm on Thursday.
A boy was found with stab wounds. Although he was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital, he died a short time later.
A crime scene has now been put in place, the Metropolitan Police said, adding that inquiries are ongoing to inform the boy’s next of kin.
A large police cordon is now in place around the park with officers present.
The cordon is expected to be in place for “a few days” according to one officer who spoke at the scene to a local reporter from MyLondon.
No arrests have yet been made and the investigation into the stabbing are ongoing.
Homicide detectives from the Met’s specialist crime directorate – which investigates murder and organised crime – have been informed.
London teenage homicides: Grim rollcall of young victims killed in capital in 2021
A total of 30 teenagers were murdered in the capital in 2021.
The number surpasses both the 27 killings seen in 2017, which had been the highest in recent years, and the previous peak of 29 teenage homicides in London in 2008.
Between January and June of this year there were 49 homicides in total in London, although victims’ ages are not included in the Metropolitan Police’s crime data dashboard.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 7948/4AUG. Alternatively people can speak anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.