Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbethack forumBetturkeyXumabet GirişrestbetbetpasGonebetBetticketTrendbetistanbulbahisbetixirtwinplaymegaparifixbetzbahisalobetaspercasino1winorisbetbetkom
Glastonbury Festival releases new poster after apparent criticism from Lana Del Rey | Ents & Arts News

Glastonbury Festival has changed its poster in an apparent response to criticism from one of the Other Stage headliners Lana Del Rey.

Del Rey implied she might pull out of performing at the festival because it hadn’t announced her as a headliner.

When the official Glastonbury account posted the original line-up poster on Instagram, Del Ray sarcastically commented below from her private Instagram, honeymoon: “Thanks for announcing that I was headlining the other stage. Thumbs up.” The comment appears to have now been deleted.

The singer’s name was also below more than 20 other acts in the poster, which, apart from the headliners, had performers in alphabetical order. Lizzo will play immediately before headliner Guns N’ Roses, but has joint headline billing on the line-up poster.

Glastonbury poster version 1
Image:
The original line-up poster – Lana Del Rey’s name is in the seventh row
On the old poster Lana Del Rey
Image:
On the old poster Lana Del Rey is in the seventh row

Del Rey, 37, is then reported to have suggested on her private Instagram account that she might pull out of performing.

She is said to have written: “Well I’m actually headlining the second stage. But since there was no consideration for announcing that. We’ll see.”

Glastonbury Festival has now released an updated poster with Del Rey moved up to the second row. It also includes new acts after the West Holts stage line-up was revealed on Tuesday.

Glastonbury poster version 2
Image:
The latest Glastonbury poster, with Lana Del Rey’s name in the second row
A closer look at the new poster
Image:
A closer look at the new poster

US rapper Lil Nas X, Nigerian singer Wizkid and British singer-songwriter Yusuf Islam, commonly known as Cat Stevens, have also had their names moved up to the second row.

Glastonbury Festival also attracted criticism on social media after it emerged the top three headliners were all male acts – with Sir Elton John being joined by Arctic Monkeys and Guns N’ Roses.

One social media user wrote: “During Women’s History Month, Glastonbury Festival announced an all-male headline bill. In 2023. Tell me why we don’t need this month one more time.”

Another said: “@glastonbury do better!!! All male headliners? You can’t even blame lack of talent, there is a overwhelming WEALTH of amazing women to choose from.”

When the line-up was announced co-organiser Emily Eavis told The Guardian a previously confirmed female headliner pulled out because she “changed her touring plans”.

Sky News has contacted Glastonbury Festival for comment.

Asake says his ‘heart is with those who were injured’ after apparent crowd crush at Brixton concert | UK News

Singer-songwriter Asake has said his “heart is with those who were injured” after an apparent crowd crush at his concert at the O2 Academy in Brixton.

Four people are in a critical condition, the Metropolitan Police said, after eight were taken to hospital by ambulance on Thursday night.

The Nigerian Afrobeats artist has said in a statement on Instagram: “My heart is with those who were injured last night and caused any form of discomfort. I pray you get well soonest.

“I am also in the process of reaching out to individuals.

“I still do not have the full brief from the venue management themselves as to what led to the disruption at the entrance of the Brixton Academy, but we are thankful that all was peaceful at the end.

“For my people who enjoyed the beginning of my performance, I am sorry that it was cut short.

“Thank you for your unbelievable love, London. I love you too much! I’m looking forward to seeing you again in a bit!”

Asake, whose real name is Ahmed Ololade, was recently nominated for BBC Radio 1’s Sound of 2023 award, for artists breaking through in the UK.

Lambeth police and other emergency services were alerted to the scene on Stockwell Road after 9.30pm following reports of injuries after “a large crowd attempted to gain entry without tickets”.

Brixton O2 Academy
Image:
Brixton O2 Academy

Injuries were believed to have been caused by “crushing”, according to Scotland Yard police officers. No arrests have been made.

Metropolitan Police Gold Commander Ade Adelekan urged people to “be sensible about what they share” on social media and “not to post material that will be upsetting to those affected by this incident”.

He added that the officers who used force “know they have to be accountable for their actions”, adding that the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards will look at all material, including body-worn video footage from those at the scene.