Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbethack forumBetturkeyXumabet GirişrestbetbetpasGonebetBetticketTrendbetistanbulbahisbetixirtwinplaymegaparifixbetzbahisalobetaspercasino1winorisbetbetkom
Hackney stabbing: Public warned not to approach man wanted over death of 49-year-old on Boxing Day | UK News

Police have appealed for the public’s help in finding a suspected knifeman after a fatal stabbing on Boxing Day – but warned people not to approach him.

Jurejs Vankovs, 38, is wanted over the death of Michael Murphy, 49, who was attacked and killed in Hackney, east London, in the early hours of Tuesday.

A row between a group of up to 10 people happened in the run up to the stabbing, according to the Metropolitan Police.

Read more from Sky News:
Boy charged with arson after fire at London Oratory School
Woman, 61, murdered in flat days before Christmas

Detective Chief Inspector Kelly Allen, leading the investigation, said: “We have been working tirelessly to locate Jurejs Vankovs but have yet to find him.

“We are now asking for the public’s help to locate him.

“I would ask people in the Shoreditch and wider Hackney area to keep a lookout for him.

“If you see Vankovs, please do not approach him but call 999 immediately.”

Four people – two men, 49 and 42, and two women, 35 and 44 – have been released without charge after being arrested on suspicion of murder.

Boris Johnson: We have a sense of how the Comeback Kid plans to approach the COVID inquiry – but will it work? | Politics News

You can’t write him off.

Boris Johnson has found his way back into the public’s good books before and if his hopes of a political comeback are still alive, the coming week could be a decisive moment.

The preparations are under way. The former prime minister has spent many hours with barristers, studying 6,000 pages of material to put together a testimony that reflects favourably on his leadership during the pandemic.

The early drafts have been briefed to The Times. These do not provide a full account of what Mr Johnson is preparing to say but do offer a glimpse into his redemption strategy.

That strategy is two-pronged. On the one hand, he will wholeheartedly apologise for his mistakes – perhaps realising that some of his former colleagues have come off badly after failing to show contrition.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Cummings says PM was known as a ‘trolley’

However, the mea culpa will only go so far. Like others who have gone before him, Mr Johnson wants the history books to remember him favourably.

His argument will be that his government got the big calls right: increasing hospital capacity at speed, procuring ventilators and, of course, the vaccine rollout.

He will also carefully position himself in the division that is forming between the scientific and medical advisors and his former cabinet colleagues.

Like Matt Hancock, Mr Johnson will avoid criticism of Rishi Sunak and his controversial Eat Out to Help Out Scheme. He will claim that Sir Patrick Vallance and Sir Chris Whitty were consulted before it was launched. That is something they both reject.

Read more
Boris Johnson asked if government ‘believes in long COVID’
Carrie Johnson was ‘real person in charge’ during pandemic

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Hancock defends COVID strategy

Mr Johnson has the advantage of going after many of his former colleagues. It means he has time to prepare his response to the unflattering depictions that have been made by former colleagues.

Dominic Cummings, his former advisor, described him as a “trolley”, constantly veering from side to side and incapable of taking decisive action. As apologetic as he is feeling, Mr Johnson is unlikely to accept that characterisation.

He will undoubtedly have opinions of his own about Mr Cummings but he may deem it unwise to engage in personal attacks. It is not something that is playing well with the public.

Mr Johnson’s team deny this leaked draft has come from his camp but he may well have wanted to get his narrative out before it is painstakingly unpicked by lawyers.

We have a sense now of his version of events, but will it bear scrutiny?

Police make appeal for man wanted in connection to serious assault in west London – but warn public not to approach him | UK News

Police are appealing for help to find a 23-year-old man in connection to a serious assault in west London.

Sam Gray is wanted for questioning after two people were allegedly assaulted in Uxbridge.

Metropolitan Police officers said they were called to an address on Arklay Close at around 10.40pm on Friday.

They said officers found a 19-year-old man with multiple stab wounds who was taken to hospital with “non life-changing injuries” while a 24-year-old woman sustained minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.

Police said the suspect Sam Gray is known to the two people but he left the scene before officers arrived.

Read more UK stories:
Minister refuses to back removal of murals for child arrivals
Wimbledon crowd boo Belarusian player Victoria Azarenka after losing to Ukraine’s Elina Svitolina

A statement from the Met Police said: “It is believed Gray made off in a Peugeot with the registration KT13 KNW and detectives believe he may now have left the London area.

“He has links to Eastleigh in Hampshire and it is believed he may have returned to that area.”

Members of the public with any information on Mr Gray’s whereabouts are urged not to approach him but to contact police immediately.

Do not approach: Police warn public to stay away from Katie Piper attacker | UK News

Police hunting the man who threw acid over television presenter Katie Piper have warned the public not to approach him – and say he may be out of the country.

Stefan Sylvestre, from Shepherd’s Bush, west London, has been recalled back to prison for breaching his licence conditions.

He had been given a life sentence in 2009 for the attack on Ms Piper and was told he must serve a minimum of six years before he would be eligible for parole.

He was released in 2018 when he was aged 30, a time Ms Piper has said was “really difficult” for her.

A Probation Service spokeswoman said on Sunday: “We are urgently working with the police to bring the offender back to prison where he’ll face longer behind bars.”

Detectives are appealing for information on his whereabouts but say inquiries so far show that he left the UK on 2 August. They have not said where he might have headed.

But the Metropolitan Police is working with partner agencies to trace him, adding that anyone who spots him should call 999 and that he “should not be approached”.

Ms Piper suffered horrific injuries in the acid attack that left her permanently scarred.

She was left fighting for her life after obsessive ex-boyfriend Daniel Lynch arranged for Sylvestre to throw the corrosive liquid in March 2008.

Lynch was jailed for life with a minimum of 16 years for sexually assaulting Piper and telling Sylvestre to throw acid on her.

In court, Lynch and Sylvestre were told by Judge Nicholas Browne QC they were “the face of pure evil”.

Anyone with information on Sylvestre’s whereabouts should speak to police immediately, quoting reference CAD6239/23Sep.