Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbethack forumBetturkeyXumabet GirişrestbetbetpasGonebetBetticketTrendbetistanbulbahisbetixirtwinplaymegaparifixbetzbahisalobetaspercasino1winorisbetbetkom
Teen charged with assaulting emergency worker during protest outside Merseyside hotel housing asylum seekers | UK News

A teenager has been charged with assaulting an emergency worker during a protest outside a Merseyside hotel housing asylum seekers.

Fifteen people were arrested outside the Suites Hotel in Ribbers Lane, Prescot, on Friday evening as a police van was set on fire and missiles, including lit fireworks, were thrown at officers.

Jarad Skeete, 19, was among those held and has now been charged with violent disorder and assault by beating of an emergency worker.

Mr Skeete, with an address at Irwell Close in the Liverpool suburb of Aigburth, was remanded in custody and will appear at Wirral Adult Remand Court on Monday.

The remaining 14 people arrested at the protest have been conditionally bailed pending the outcome of police enquiries.

Two women and 12 men between the ages of 13 and 54 were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder.

Merseyside Police is appealing for information but said in a statement today that “we would remind people to pass this information directly to police as social media speculation and comment can jeopardise live investigations”.

A demonstration outside the Suites Hotel turned violent on Friday evening when a police van was hit with hammers and set on fire.

Merseyside Chief Constable Serena Kennedy said officers had been made aware of rumours on social media prior to the protest about about an alleged incident “when a man made inappropriate advances towards a teenage girl”.

The chief constable however stressed that there was an investigation ongoing and warned that misinformation could harm its outcome.

Knowsley, Merseyside
Image:
Knowsley, Merseyside

Politicians from all parties criticised the violence. Home secretary Suella Braverman condemned the “appalling disorder”, saying: “The alleged behaviour of some asylum seekers is never an excuse for violence and intimidation.”

Meanwhile, shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said: “The shameful and appalling scenes in Knowsley show how far-right groups are using social media to organise and promote violence.

“The Home Secretary is wrong to dismiss far-right threats for political reasons. Instead she should be championing vigilance against all kinds of extremism,” she said.

Man charged with assaulting Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsdale after Spurs match | UK News

A man has been charged with assaulting an Arsenal player after a match at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday.

Joseph Watts, 35, has been charged with assault by beating, trespassing onto a football pitch and throwing a missile, the Metropolitan Police said.

It follows an incident in which Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale was kicked following his side’s 2-0 victory against Spurs on 15 January.

Watts, of Hackney, northeast London, is due to appear at Highbury Magistrates’ Court on Friday, 17 February.

The Metropolitan Police said its Football Investigations Team were assisted in their enquiries by Tottenham officials.

Woman claims Benjamin Mendy’s friend ‘started talking about God’ after sexually assaulting her | UK News

A woman who claims she was sexually assaulted by Benjamin Mendy’s friend said he later started talking to her about God.

The woman, who was 18 at the time, said the Manchester City footballer’s alleged fixer, Louis Saha Matturie, forced himself on her at a party attended by several Premier League footballers.

She claims she was attacked by Matturie at a house in Sheffield in 2016 where then Sheffield Wednesday player Claude Dielna and his brother Joel lived.

The jury at Chester Crown Court heard the witness was not a football fan, and at one party she failed to recognise Manchester United defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka, who became “mardy” and asked her: “Do you know who I am?”

In a 2016 police video interview played to the jury, the woman said she lived and worked in Sheffield and got to know footballers at a shisha bar in the city.

One day she was at the house in the city owned by French player Dielna, who had left to go training.

She was sitting on a bed chatting to Matturie when he sexually assaulted her, the court heard.

Tearfully, she told police: “He started to kiss me. I said, ‘What are you doing?’.

“He forced himself on top of me. I told him to get off. He said, ‘Just enjoy it’.

“I was shouting at him, ‘Get off! Get off! Stop!’.”

She claims Matturie groped her before he stopped and got off her, then she grabbed her phone, fled the house and did not respond to his social media messages.

Matturie denies assaulting her on a day between September 30 and November 1 2016.

Louis Saha Matturie, 40, leaving Chester Crown Court where he is accused of eight counts of rape and four counts of sexual assault, relating to eight young women. Picture date: Wednesday August 24, 2022.
Image:
Louis Saha Matturie leaving court

‘Do you know who I am?’

Later she began attending clubs and parties in Manchester, where she bumped into him again at a club.

“He said let’s just forget about the past and started preaching to me about God,” she told police.

“I said, ‘Yes. Whatever’.”

At another party in March last year, at a flat near Manchester city centre, she alleges Mendy and Wan-Bissaka both attended along with more than 20 women, who came at Matturie’s invitation.

At the party she claims Wan-Bissaka asked her: “Do you know who I am?”

She continued: “I said, ‘I don’t know who you are’.

“He showed me his Instagram and then I realised who he was. He got a bit mardy.”

Prosecutors allege Mendy is a “predator” who “turned the pursuit of women for sex into a game”, while Matturie had the job of finding the women.

Mendy denies seven counts of rape, one count of attempted rape and one count of sexual assault against six young women.

Matturie, of Eccles, Salford, denies six counts of rape and three counts of sexual assault relating to seven young women.

The trial continues.