Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbethack forumBetturkeyXumabet GirişrestbetbetpasGonebetBetticketTrendbetistanbulbahisbetixirtwinplaymegaparifixbetzbahisalobetaspercasino1winorisbetbetkom
Grace Dent says her ‘heart is broken’ after leaving I’m A Celebrity jungle ‘on medical grounds’ | Ents & Arts News

Grace Dent has told her fellow campmates that her “heart is broken” after leaving the set of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here early.

The restaurant critic, 50, was spotted at Brisbane Airport on Monday after exiting the ITV reality show early “on medical grounds“.

She had been due to face the bushtucker trial, Down The Tubes, in Monday night’s instalment.

Instead, Hollyoaks actor Nick Pickard read out a statement to the camp in which Dent announced that she was leaving early.

“My dear campmates, I’m so sorry to let you down. I have left the camp for medical reasons,” she said in her statement.

“My heart is broken, I have loved and enjoyed getting to know you all. You’ve held me up and it’s been a pleasure being your friend through this experience.

“Leaving you all at this stage will be one of the saddest things in my life. I love you all. Your friend, Miss Grace Dent.”

In a statement, a spokesperson said: “She has been a great campmate and will be missed by her fellow celebrities and viewers alike.”

Dent had said, before facing the Touchdown Of Terror trial, that she was struggling in the jungle.

The MasterChef star told campmate Josie Gibson last week: “I’ve had enough. I’ve completely had enough. I just want to go home.”

Dent, who has written restaurant reviews for The Guardian and Evening Standard, had been due to face the next trial, named Down The Tubes, with This Morning announcer Gibson.

EastEnders star Danielle Harold took her place in the trial as she had the next highest amount of votes from the public.

Read more entertainment news:
The Prodigy change lyrics to song 26 years after release
Baz Luhrmann: Film industry ‘way behind’ on governing AI
Comedian arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence

Also in the episode, it was revealed that TV star Sam Thompson had been voted camp leader. He chose JLS star Marvin Humes as his deputy.

Among this year’s I’m A Celebrity campmates are the controversial politician Nigel Farage, First Dates star Fred Sirieix and Britney Spears’ sister Jamie Lynn.

The show has so far attracted a lower audience than last year’s series, which featured former health secretary Matt Hancock.

This year’s launch was watched by seven million people in its first week – down from a consolidated audience of nearly 12 million last year.

Ahead of entering the jungle this year, Dent said: “Everything is filling me with a real sense of dread. But I am especially dreading being really hungry because I tend to eat four or five posh meals out a week because I am a restaurant critic.”

She said she signed up for the show after “a really difficult time over the last four or five years”.

Matt Hancock defies expectations by surviving another I’m A Celebrity public vote | Ents & Arts News

Matt Hancock has made it to the final four I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! contestants, after comedian Seann Walsh became the seventh person to be eliminated from the reality TV show.

The former health secretary, Mike Tindall, Jill Scott and Owen Warner are now left in the running to be crowned king or queen of the jungle.

The MP for West Suffolk has faced criticism from opposition politicians, from within his own party, and other I’m A Celeb contestants for joining the show at a time when parliament is sitting – but Walsh has voiced his support for the former cabinet minister.

Speaking to Ant and Dec, hosts of the ITV show, after his exit, Walsh described Hancock, 44, as a “lovely guy” and said “he’s still in there for a reason”.

“No one was expecting Matt Hancock to be there,” he added.

Walsh and Hancock entered the Australian jungle together as they joined as undercover moles after the other celebrities had arrived.

They then had to undertake a series of missions in secret before revealing they were the moles to the other campmates, earning them treats.

Seann Walsh in I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
Image:
Seann Walsh has been booted out. Pic: ITV

“We all listened to each other in there,” Walsh said on Friday evening.

“I don’t know if that is common in the jungle… and everyone kind of got their story out and there was so much support and I feel like everyone in there, not just for me, but I think we all accepted one another for who we are today.”

Read more:
Hancock ‘better at Bushtucker trials than clinical trials’

What Matt Hancock’s constituents have said
‘I find Hancock slimy and slippery’

Walsh revealed he wanted former England player Scott to win the whole show.

Earlier on Friday following DJ Chris Moyles’ elimination, Hancock told the Bush Telegraph: “We’re so near the end and I’m delighted to be still here.

“I never thought I’d make it to the final five and here I am, so I’m very grateful.”

Boy George tells Matt Hancock he has been ‘hating on him’ in I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! | Ents & Arts News

Boy George has said he finds Matt Hancock “slimy” and told the former health secretary that he has been “hating on” him during their time in I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!.

The 61-year-old Culture Club singer told fellow contestant and comedian Seann Walsh that he thought Mr Hancock was “slippery”, before apologising to the MP.

He said: “(I) can’t stand Matt. I have tried to like him and I’ve failed. I find him slimy, I find him slippery.”

Boy George then told the Bush Telegraph: “He’s probably going to be quite upset and I was kicking off a bit and I just thought, ‘you know what, just tell him to his face what you feel’.”

The singer then said to Mr Hancock that he has been “hating on him”.

“I have to be honest. I sometimes feel like you don’t say what you mean and you’re not particularly direct,” he added.

Boy George apologised to the MP for his behaviour towards him and said he found it difficult to “separate” the politician from the person.

He said he is “struggling” with the former health secretary, but added: “That’s not your problem, that’s my problem. I apologise because I was really slagging you off a minute ago.”

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Boy George not happy with Matt Hancock

Mr Hancock said he would prefer the truth and has “enjoyed spending time with” the singer.

Earlier in the show, the singer revealed his mother was in hospital during the pandemic and he wasn’t able to visit her and said that if she had not survived he would have quit the show when Mr Hancock entered the jungle.

Read more:
Matt Hancock gets stung by a scorpion
‘Sorry doesn’t cut it’: Campmates tell Matt Hancock

Mr Hancock has received a mixed reception from fellow contestants in the camp throughout the show.

Some contestants have grilled him for his rule-breaking actions during the pandemic which saw him resign as health secretary after pictures emerged of him having an affair with his former aide, breaking guidance about mixing with other households.

Charlene White. Pic: ITV
Image:
Charlene White. Pic: ITV

Also in the latest episode, Charlene White became the first contestant to leave this year’s show after a vote by the public.

The 42-year-old Loose Women star was announced as the celebrity with the fewest votes and said she would like Coronation Street star Sue Cleaver or former rugby player Mike Tindall to win the ITV reality show.

Matt Hancock tells I’m A Celebrity campmates winning campsite leader vote ‘more than makes up for’ losing to Boris | Ents & Arts News

Matt Hancock has said being voted leader of the I’m A Celebrity campsite “more than makes up for” losing to Boris Johnson in the 2019 Tory Party leadership election.

The 44-year-old MP was among those who threw their hat into the ring to replace Theresa May in Number 10, but withdrew part way through the contest before putting his support behind Mr Johnson.

Sunday’s episode of I’m A Celebrity saw him receive enough votes from the public to enter a head-to-head with former England rugby star Mike Tindall for control of the campsite.

The former health secretary recruited ITV broadcaster Charlene White, who he has previously clashed with over his breaking of COVID-19 guidance during the pandemic, and they were triumphant in a challenge that saw them working together to switch on a series of lights.

Ahead of the task, Tindall joked: “If I went home, and I’d lost to Matt Hancock, I’d be in so much s**t.”

Hancock then told White: “We are definitely the underdogs”, before she replied: “Did you go into the leadership challenge thinking you were the underdog?”

Dictatorship?

After their win, Hancock declared: “Obviously, it’s a great honour and privilege to be camp leader. I want to thank everybody who voted for me.”

White asked: “Does this win feel sweet, especially after you lost to Boris? Do you feel like you have been vindicated?”, to which he replied: “This more than makes up for it.”

However, their success prompted soap star Sue Cleaver, Tindall’s would-be deputy, to remark: “We now have a dictatorship…”

Hancock and White were then charged with assigning their campmates to chores while remaining exempt and getting the chance to sleep inside the RV – a step up from the campsite.

'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!' TV Show, Series 22, Australia - 13 Nov 2022
Matt Scorpion - Matt Hancock

13 Nov 2022
Image:
Hancock was stung by a scorpion on Sunday, but luckily it wasn’t deadly

Earlier in the episode, Hancock was stung by a scorpion which “unexpectedly” nipped him on the finger. He later told his fellow contestants: “It was so painful… It hurts a lot, and I’m feeling slightly dizzy.”

He was seen by a medic straight away, with TV presenter and property expert Scarlette Douglas later joking in the Bush Telegraph: “He looked like he wanted to cry.”

Read more:
‘Quite a lot’ of MPs and peers have downloaded I’m A Celeb app to vote for Matt Hancock to do bushtucker trials

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

‘I’m looking for a little bit of forgiveness,’ says Hancock

Snakes and offal

Hancock was voted to become leader of the campsite after facing his fifth consecutive trial, House of Horrors, in which he had to crawl through a giant doll’s house full of pigeons, snakes and troughs full of offal, searching for stars to feed the camp.

Asked by co-host Declan Donnelly why he thought the public kept voting for him to take part in the gruelling trials, Hancock responded: “It must be the facial expressions.”

Facing his fear of snakes, the Tory MP located nine out of the 11 stars on offer, despite a snake attempting to strike him at eye level.

After returning triumphant to camp, he admitted: “I was absolutely shi**ing myself.”

The episode also saw former England footballer Jill Scott recalling playing football aged five and how her grandmother had predicted her success.

Attwood’s blood test

Olivia Attwood. Pic: ITV
Image:
Olivia Attwood. Pic: ITV

It comes after former Love Island contestant Olivia Attwood revealed she was forced to withdraw from the show after a routine blood test showed she was anaemic.

The test, which all the contestants undergo randomly throughout the show, also suggested low sodium and potassium levels, prompting staff to immediately take her to hospital.

Attwood, 31, disclosed the reason for her departure after only 24 hours in the Australian jungle in an interview with the Mail On Sunday.

However, she also said her tests at the hospital and back in the UK produced normal results.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Hancock drenched in slime

A show spokesman said: “As a precautionary measure, Olivia needed to leave the jungle to undergo some medical checks.

“Unfortunately, the medical team has advised it is not safe for Olivia to return to camp as there needs to be further investigation.

“She has been absolutely brilliant, and she’ll be very much missed on the show.”

Olivia Attwood forced to quit I’m A Celebrity on medical grounds | Ents & Arts News

Olivia Attwood has been forced to quit I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! on medical grounds, less than 24 hours after the launch show.

The 31-year-old star, who rose to fame on Love Island in 2017, was among the favourites to win this year’s series of I’m A Celebrity, which has returned to Australia after being moved to the UK during the pandemic.

During Sunday night’s opening episode, viewers watched as Attwood skydived out of a helicopter alongside radio presenter Chris Moyles.

I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! 2022 contestants. Pic: ITV
Image:
Pic: ITV

However, ITV said on Monday she has since had to leave on medical grounds after being told it was “not safe” to go back to camp.

A show spokesman told Sky News: “As a precautionary measure Olivia needed to leave the jungle to undergo some medical checks.

“Unfortunately, the medical team has advised it is not safe for Olivia to return to camp as there needs to be further investigation.

“She has been absolutely brilliant and she’ll be very much missed on the show.”

The first episode of the series saw Attwood and singer Boy George revealed as the two celebrities voted by the public to become Jungle VIPs, and they were both allowed to pick another star to enjoy a slap-up meal with.

Attwood picked Moyles, and after their food the pair jumped 10,000ft out of a helicopter on to a deserted island beach – where they later discovered that VIP stood for “Very Isolated People”.

Speaking about the skydive, an emotional Attwood said: “Oh my God I’m crying, that’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever done, ever. That is incredible. Top 10 experience of my life. Just amazing.”

The pair were joined by Boy George and his VIP pick, TV presenter and property expert Scarlette Douglas, who had to row their way to the beach.

The group then discovered they would spend the night marooned on the island together, before taking on the first trial of the series and then joining their fellow celebrities in the main camp.

It is not clear if Attwood will appear in any of the second episode of the series, which is set to air on Monday evening.

The launch episode saw the 10 starting celebrities enter the Australian jungle for the first time since 2019, following two series set at Gwrych Castle in North Wales due to COVID travel restrictions.

Headlines ahead of the series starting have been dominated by the news that former health secretary Matt Hancock is set to join the camp as a late arrival.

Hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly confirmed there will indeed be two extra campmates showing up in the next few days, and poked fun at Hancock, who is MP for West Suffolk, saying they would be “rolling out the welcome mat for them soon”.

Business Secretary Grant Shapps told Sky News on Monday morning that he would not be voting for Mr Hancock and that he thinks his fellow Tory MP should instead be “looking after his constituents”.

Asked if he was looking forward to seeing the politician having to eat jungle nasties such as crocodile anus, Mr Shapps replied: “Tempting as that is, I think I’ll probably be focusing on my job as business secretary, and I’ll be off at Cop27 later this week as well, so I fear I might miss him depending on how long he survives.”

He added: “I just think he should be here looking after his constituents, rather than in the jungle somewhere.”