Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbethack forumBetturkeyXumabet GirişrestbetbetpasGonebetBetticketTrendbetistanbulbahisbetixirtwinplaymegaparifixbetzbahisalobetaspercasino1winorisbetbetkom
Rapper Slowthai removed from Glastonbury and other festival line-ups after rape charges | UK News

The rapper Slowthai has been removed from the line-ups of several music festivals after he was charged with two counts of rape.

The British rapper, 28, was scheduled to appear at major festivals this summer including Glastonbury, Reading and Leeds, and Parklife in Manchester.

But his name has been removed from their line-ups in recent days.

However, he is still billed to appear as Blur’s support act for their 8 July concert at Wembley.

Tickets for shows on Slowthai’s “Ugly World Tour” in September were still available on Wednesday for dates in Manchester, London and Birmingham.

The Forbidden Fruit festival in Dublin also still lists Slowthai as one of the headline acts on Sunday 4 June.

None of the festivals or Slowthai’s representatives returned Sky News’s requests for comments.

The rapper, whose real name is Tyron Frampton, was bailed at Oxfordshire Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, and will next appear at Oxford Crown Court on 15 June.

He has “categorically” denied the charges and said he is “confident” his name will be cleared.

Slowthai performs at the Reading Music Festival in 2021
Image:
Slowthai performs at the Reading festival in 2021

He wrote in an Instagram post on Tuesday: “Regarding the allegations being reported about me. I categorically deny the charges.

“I am innocent and I am confident my name will be cleared. Until then I will apply my energy to ensure this is concluded swiftly and justly.

“I ask that my supporters don’t comment about this situation and respect the process and privacy of my family during this time.”

Slowthai was nominated for a Grammy award in 2021 and a Mercury prize in 2019.

He has also won gongs at the NME Awards and UK Music Video Awards.

Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has all charges against him dropped | UK News

Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has had all charges against him dropped.

The 21-year-old forward faced allegations of attempted rape, controlling and coercive behaviour, and assault.

All three charges related to the same woman.

The investigation began just over a year ago, in January 2022. A trial date had been set for 27 November this year.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said “criminal proceedings” had been “discontinued by the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service)”.

Chief Superintendent Michaela Kerr, GMP’s Head of Public Protection, said it was “only fair” that the force publicised the latest development given the “significant media coverage of this case”.

She added: “The investigation team has remained in regular contact with the legal team, providing any updates of note, and so understand the rationale for the discontinuation of proceedings at this stage, and that this decision has not been taken lightly.

“Despite the media and public’s interest in this case, we have decided not to comment on it in any further detail.”

Ukraine war: Three Britons plead not guilty to mercenary charges in Russian-backed separatist court | World News

Three Britons have pleaded not guilty to mercenary charges at a Russian-backed separatist court in Ukraine.

John Harding, Andrew Hill and Dylan Healy are among a group of five European men on trial in a court administered by Kremlin-backed separatists in the city of Donetsk.

Mr Harding, Vjekoslav Prebeg, who is Croatian, and Mathias Gustafsson, a Swede, who were captured in and around the port city of Mariupol, could face a possible death sentence under the laws of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic.

Russia leaves thousands of troops ‘stranded’ in tactical withdrawal – live updates

All five men pleaded not guilty to charges of mercenarism and “undergoing training to seize power by force”, Russian state-owned news agency TASS reported.

The next court hearing in their case is scheduled for October, the Interfax news agency reported, citing a statement by the separatists’ court.

Mr Healy, 22, who was in Ukraine as an aid worker, was seized at a checkpoint south of the city of Zaporizhzhia in April alongside fellow British national Paul Urey. He died in custody in July after being charged with committing “mercenary activities”. Mr Hill, a military volunteer, was also captured in April by Russian forces.

Mr Harding had been fighting in eastern Ukraine’s Donbas region since 2018 before he was captured.

Originally from Sunderland, he appealed for help from Boris Johnson last month after being told he could be handed a death sentence.

Image:
John Harding is facing a death sentence if convicted

In June, the Donetsk authorities sentenced to death two Britons, Aiden Aslin, 28, and Shaun Pinner, 48, and Moroccan national Saaudun Brahim, accused of being mercenaries.

They were all captured by Russian forces while fighting in Ukraine and all three have appealed against their verdicts.

Read more:
Family members of Britons facing death penalty in Donetsk speak of their devastation
Steven Seagal visits prison holding Ukrainian detainees days after dozens killed in attack

Ukrainian social media has been speculating that the Kremlin may seek to use the foreign fighters to extract concessions from Ukraine or swap them for Russian prisoners.

Foreign governments have declined to negotiate with the Donetsk People’s Republic, one of two Russian-backed entities that have controlled parts of east Ukraine’s Donbas region since 2014, citing its internationally recognised status as part of Ukraine.