Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbetbeylikdüzü korsan taksiBetturkey
Disposable barbecue ‘most likely cause’ of huge fire in Studland, Dorset | UK News

A disposable barbecue is the most likely cause of a big blaze at Studland in Dorset, the local fire service has said.

Ninety firefighters and ten fire engines – including some called in from neighbouring areas – were sent to the scene after the flames were reported at 1pm on Friday.

There was “evidence of a little camp where someone had used a disposable barbecue”, the Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service (DWFRS) said.

Yellow thunderstorm warnings for next week – weather latest

“We can’t say 100% that was the cause but when we find evidence we have to assume that’s the most likely cause,” a spokeswoman added.

“Fires don’t just start on their own.”

Firefighters worked through the night to bring the flames under control.

Dorset Police said on Saturday afternoon that an unexploded piece of ammunition believed to date from the the Second World War had been found on the scorched heathland.

A bomb disposal unit would be attending, the force added, with the public warned to expect a loud bang.

In the first 10 days of August, DWFRS said it had attended 180 wildfires.

In the same period last year it was 34.

Handout photo taken with permission from the Twitter feed of @JD_GardenM of heavy black smoke rising from the scene on Studland Heath, Dorset, as a drought has been declared for parts of England following the driest summer for 50 years. Picture date: Friday August 12, 2022.
Image:
Firefighters were called on Friday lunchtime
Heavy smoke rising from the scene on Studland Heath
Image:
Heavy smoke rising from the scene on Studland Heath

Staff have “never had a year like this one – it is just unprecedented”, the spokeswoman said.

Temperatures could reach 35C this weekend.

An amber heat warning has been issued by the Met Office.

Human remains found at burnt out mill in Oldham indicate at least two victims of fire | UK News

Human remains found at a burnt out mill in Oldham indicate there were at least two victims of the fire, police have said.

Specialist officers began searching Bismark House Mill on Saturday after demolition workers discovered human remains.

The site was part-destroyed in a fire on 7 May, but police said at the time that the premises were empty.

Greater Manchester Police are now looking into reports they received on Thursday last week that four Vietnamese nationals are missing from the area and may have been involved in the fire.

Oldham fire. Pic: Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service
Image:
Pic: Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service
Oldham fire. Pic: Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service
Image:
Pic: Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service

Detective Superintendent Lewis Hughes said: “We are carrying out an extensive search of the remnants of the mill to ensure any further human remains are recovered in a way which is respectful to both the deceased and the bereaved.

“Meanwhile, our major incident team are continuing to liaise with partner agencies to ensure potential family members in Vietnam are fully informed and supported.

“Though we’ve now recovered human remains to suggest that at least two people were in the mill during the fire, we remain conscious of the report we received, on Thursday July 21, that four Vietnamese nationals were missing and may have been involved in a fire.

“Alongside the search and recovery efforts, extensive enquiries are being carried out to establish the full circumstances surrounding the fire.

“Any criminal offences identified as part of this will be progressed immediately and appropriately.”

Fire crews at Bismark House Mill on Monday
Image:
Fire crews at Bismark House Mill on Monday

The mill is a multi-occupancy warehouse where it took four days for firefighters to put out the blaze two months ago.

GMP has now been referred to its Professional Standards Branch to review how the incident was dealt with in light of the report of the missing people.

Police are urging anyone who is concerned about a missing loved one or who has information about the circumstances surrounding the fire, including activity at the premises before 7 May, to contact the Major Incident Room on 0800 051 4675, for UK callers, or (+44) 0207 459 4500, for international callers.

Information can also be submitted via the Major Incident Public Portal at mipp.police.uk or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.