Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbethack forumBetturkeyXumabet GirişrestbetbetpasGonebetBetticketTrendbetistanbulbahisbetixirtwinplaymegaparifixbetzbahisalobetaspercasino1winorisbetbetkom
Halifax stabbings: Murder investigation launched after second man dies | UK News

A murder investigation has been launched after a second man died following a triple stabbing in Halifax.

West Yorkshire Police were called to Commercial Street at 3.48am on Sunday to reports that three men had been assaulted.

All of them were taken to hospital with stab wounds.

A 21-year-old man died in hospital a short time later, and police revealed on Monday that a 19-year-old also died late on Sunday evening.

A third man, aged 18, has received treatment for a non life-threatening injury.

Three men, two aged 18 and one aged 19, have been arrested and remain in police custody.

“This is an extremely serious incident which has resulted in the death of two young men and a further man injured,” said Detective Chief Inspector Matt Holdsworth.

Mr Holdsworth added: “We have specialist officers supporting both of their families and are determined to get answers for them and ensure that the person or people responsible are made to face justice for their actions.”

Police said a significant police presence was still in place at the scene on Monday morning.

They are appealing for anyone with phone video or dashcam footage to get in touch.

Two more teenagers arrested over fatal stabbings of Charlie Bartolo and Kearne Solanke in southeast London | UK News

Two more teenagers have been arrested over the fatal stabbings of two 16-year-old boys in southeast London.

Police detained the suspects, aged 15 and 16, following the killings of Charlie Bartolo and Kearne Solanke in two separate incidents about a mile apart at the weekend.

Charlie was found with stab wounds in Sewell Road, Abbey Wood, at around 5.10pm on Saturday, with Kearne discovered with similar injuries in Titmuss Avenue, Thamesmead, at around the same time.

Another 16-year-old who was previously arrested on Sunday on suspicion of both murders has been released on bail pending further enquiries.

Kearne Solanke, left, and Charlie Bartolo, right.
Image:
Kearne Solanke, left, and Charlie Bartolo, right.

Detective Chief Inspector Kate Blackburn said: “My officers are working around the clock to establish the circumstances of these senseless murders and to find those responsible.”

She added that the force is investigating a “number of lines of enquiries” and she is “keeping an open mind about any motive”.

“The arrests are a positive development, but we continue to work to understand the events that unfolded on Saturday evening,” she said.

‘Help us bring justice for these young boys’

The Met Police have appealed for anyone with information on the incidents to come forward, specifically those who saw a black Nissan Qashqai with silver roof bars in either area in the days or hours before the murders.

“We have the vehicle in our possession, but are still interested in witnesses who may have seen it being driven locally. Information you provide could help us bring justice for these young boys and their families,” DCI Blackburn added.

Detective Superintendent Richard McDonagh, from the South East Command Unit, assured the local community that officers will “work tirelessly” to discover what happened and urged people to continue working together to “prevent such tragedies” in the future.

The families of Charlie and Kearne are being supported by specialist officers.

Boy, 16, arrested on suspicion of murders of two teenagers after fatal stabbings in southeast London | UK News

A 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of the murders of two boys following fatal stabbings in southeast London.

The victims, named earlier as Charlie Bartolo and Kearne Solanke, were found with stab wounds in Titmuss Avenue, Thamesmead, and Sewell Road, Abbey Wood, on Saturday at around 5.10pm.

Officers had attended with the London Ambulance and air ambulance services and at each location, they found a 16-year-old male with stab wounds.

Sewell Road
Image:
Sewell Road

Both were later pronounced dead.

Titmuss Avenue
Image:
Titmuss Avenue

Detective Chief Inspector Kate Blackburn, from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “This is a positive development in what is a complex and fast-moving investigation. Charlie and Kearne’s families have been informed.

“Our investigation is ongoing, and we continue to appeal for the public’s help as we build a picture of what happened on Saturday night.

“If you have information, no matter how insignificant you think it may be, please come forward.”

Earlier, Detective Superintendent Richard McDonagh had described the murders as “senseless” murders.

Police are particularly trying to trace a dark-coloured SUV type vehicle “with distinctive silver roof bars”, seen in the area in the days before and prior to the killings.

Leicester Square stabbings: Man charged with attempted murder after two police officers attacked in London | UK News

A man has been charged with attempted murder after two police officers were stabbed in central London.

Mohammed Rahman, 24, was charged with the offence in connection with an attack on a male constable who was knifed in the neck and chest in Leicester Square at 6am on Friday.

The Metropolitan Police force has also charged Rahman, of Westbourne Park Road in Notting Hill, London, with six further offences.

He faces one count of causing grievous bodily harm in connection with an attack on a female officer who was stabbed in the arm.

Relating to three other officers, Rahman has been charged with assault and two counts of threatening a person in a public place with a bladed article.

Leicester Square stabbing

He has also been charged with robbery and possession of a bladed article and will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court on Monday.

Earlier on Saturday, the Met said the female officer who suffered a stab wound to the arm had been discharged from hospital, while the male officer remained under medical supervision.

The officers who were taken to hospital – were both attached to the Met’s Central West Command Unit responsible for policing Westminster – and were carrying out routine duties.

They were not part of the wider policing operation in place following the death of the Queen.

After the incident, London mayor Sadiq Khan told Sky News it was a “reminder of the risk all our officers across the country take every day when they put on their uniform”.

Notting Hill Carnival marred by serious stabbings and violent incidents, say police | UK News

There have been a number of serious stabbings and other violent incidents at the Notting Hill Carnival, police have said.

A Section 60 order was imposed in and around the area of the carnival at 9.24pm and will last until 1am.

It allows a police officer to stop and search someone without suspicion.

It comes on the final day of the west London carnival, which has been enjoying its first year back since the pandemic.

Close to a million people were at the event for Adults Day on Monday, as the streets were once again filled with the boom of sound systems and dancers in extravagant costumes.

Police earlier said there had been 76 arrests for “a variety of different offences” by 7am on Monday.

A police horse also died on duty during after collapsing at around 9pm on Sunday.

More on Notting Hill Carnival

A group of people also held 72 seconds of silence on Monday afternoon – to mark the 72 lives lost in the fire at nearby Grenfell Tower.

The carnival is Europe’s biggest street party and second only in size to the carnival in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.