Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbethack forumBetturkeyXumabet Girişrestbetbetpas
Murder investigation launched after baby and toddler die in Nottingham fire | UK News

A murder investigation has been opened after a baby and a toddler died in a flat fire in Nottingham.

The emergency services were called to reports of a fire in a first-floor flat in the Clifton area of the city at 3.17am today.

An initial joint fire and police investigation concluded the fire was started deliberately.

A woman and two children were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and taken to Queen’s Medical Centre n the city.

The children, girls aged three and one, were pronounced dead at the hospital.

The woman remains in a critical condition.

Neighbouring homes were evacuated as fire crews tackled the blaze, which was eventually put out at 4am.

Detective Chief Inspector Greg McGill, who is leading the investigation, said: “These are tragic and very sad circumstances, and my thoughts are with the family of those involved.

“Following a joint investigation with Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service we have established that the fire was started deliberately.

“We are appealing for witnesses who were in the area at that time and saw something suspicious to please come forward and help us with the investigation.

“We have a team of detectives who are working hard to establish the circumstances and our inquiries remain in their early stages.”

‘Deeply upsetting’

David Mellen, the leader of Nottingham city council, said: “I am so saddened to hear this tragic news. The loss of two young children is completely heartbreaking.

“We’ll do all we can to support the family and community at this deeply upsetting time.”

Inspector Ben Lawrence, of Nottinghamshire Police, said local residents should expect to see officers in the area while a crime scene remains in place and inquiries continue.

“This tragic incident has resulted in two children sadly losing their lives and my thoughts, first and foremost, are with their loved ones at this time,” he said.

“We understand residents living nearby will be shocked by this news and have concerns about what happened.

“If anyone has any concerns I’d encourage them to speak to one of our officers.”

Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to submit it to the Public Portal (

If you would prefer to speak to police, please call 101 and ask for Nottinghamshire Police quoting incident 0110_20112022.

Alternatively, contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at

Potty training goes wrong: Firefighters free toddler who got her head stuck in a toilet seat | UK News

An evening of potty training went badly wrong after a toddler got her head stuck in a toilet seat.

Kay Stewart, 37, had been trying to potty train her two-year-old daughter Harper at their home in Wallsend, North Tyneside.

But the toddler decided to try to wear the seat around her neck and got into difficulty, crying: “Mammy, I’m stuck.”

Ms Stewart’s efforts to get the seat off were unsuccessful and, in desperation, she asked her 16-year-old daughter Shannon to call firefighters for help.

Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service dispatched a crew from Wallsend Community Fire Station and they arrived within minutes.

They used small tools to remove the potty, and amused Harper’s siblings with the blue lights on their fire truck.

Ms Stewart said: “They were so calming and kept the other kids busy while helping Harper.

“Harper gave the firefighter a big hug once he was done.

“They even put their light on and gave them a big wave before heading off.

“I was so grateful for their help that evening.

Station manager Trevor Sturrock said he was “so glad” that his crew were able to assist the family and wished Harper well with her future potty training.

“She had to be very still which can be really frightening for such a little person.

“Harper was very brave, which helped the firefighters complete the rescue.

“I want to thank the crew for their professionalism at this incident – sometimes when you turn up people are really panicked and it’s about remaining calm and calming others.”

Chris Fountain reveals he suffered mini stroke: Hollyoaks and Coronation Street star says he was left ‘speaking like a toddler’ after blood clot | Ents & Arts News

Former Hollyoaks and Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has revealed he is to undergo surgery after suffering a mini stroke which left him “speaking like a toddler”, according to a newspaper report.

The 35-year-old star said he might have died had he not got to hospital as quickly as he did.

Fountain, who played Justin Burton in Hollyoaks from 2004 to 2009, and Tommy Duckworth in Coronation Street from 2011 to 2013, spoke about his ordeal in an interview with the Daily Mirror.

He said he spent five days in hospital in London after waking up at home and being unable to speak properly in August.

Doctors told him he had suffered a transient ischaemic attack (TIA) – known as a mini stroke – after a blood clot lodged in his brain, the actor said.

“I woke up one morning and knew something wasn’t right,” he told the newspaper. “My mum called me and I just couldn’t get my words out. I started walking round my house looking at things and I could think what the word was, like television or fridge, but I couldn’t say it.

“I called 111 on my mum’s advice and they sent an ambulance for me, it was so scary.

More on Coronation Street

“I felt stupid because I knew exactly what I wanted to say to the doctors, but I couldn’t get the words out, I was speaking like a toddler, I was really embarrassed.”

Fountain said he became emotional and cried when doctors informed him what had happened.

“What’s scary is if I hadn’t have called 111 when I did and got to hospital so quickly I don’t know if that clot could have travelled to the wrong place in my brain, I could have died,” he said. “That clot was like a ticking bomb in my head.”

Fountain underwent tests at a specialist stroke unit at the Royal London Hospital, where medics determined he had a hole in his heart which caused the blood clot.

He will now have to have a small operation to mend the hole, according to the report, and it is hoped this will prevent any more clots travelling to his brain.

As well as his acting career, Fountain also appeared on Dancing On Ice in 2008. However, he was axed from Coronation Street after videos emerged of him rapping about violence against women, for which he apologised at the time.

‘Neighbour from hell’ jailed for manslaughter after gas explosion that killed toddler | UK News

A man described as a “neighbour from hell” has been jailed for causing a gas explosion that killed a two-year-old boy.

George Hinds died after his next-door neighbour Darren Greenham, 45, cut the gas pipes at his council house in Heysham, Lancashire in the hope of selling the copper piping for scrap, Preston Crown Court heard.

He used an angle grinder and was under the influence of alcohol and drugs, the court was told.

Gas explosion in Heysham, Lancashire
Gas explosion in Heysham, Lancashire

On Wednesday he was sentenced to 15 years in prison for manslaughter, damaging a gas meter and theft of gas after pleading guilty in August.

The blast, which happened at 2.36am on 16 May last year, destroyed Greenham’s property and damaged 55 others.

Arthur’s father Stephen Hinds clutched a Paw Patrol toy in memory of his son as he watched the sentencing from the public gallery.

George’s mother Vicki Studholme, who had previously described Greenham as the “neighbour from hell”, was beside him along with several of their neighbours.

Mr Hinds said: “By Darren Greenham cutting a gas pipe to make a few quid I have lost my son, my absolute world.”

Arthur’s mother added: “After the explosion, being trapped in the rubble was the most scared I had ever been in my life.

“This was until I arrived at the hospital to be told that George had died.

“Never ever have I felt so scared as in that moment of my life.”

George Hinds
Pic: Lancashire Police

Victim’s family still in caravan after explosion

The family has been living in a caravan since the explosion and were praised by Judge Robert Altham for their dignity.

Concluding the case, he said: “Mr Greenham was a selfish and disruptive neighbour.

“He lived his life without regard for the comfort of those who were unfortunate enough to live adjacent to him.”

The prosecution had said Greenham was facing eviction proceedings and was hoping to make money on the pipes he cut.

He was dependent on alcohol and drugs and would regularly play loud music and taunt all three members of the family, the court was told.

After suffering a serious head injury in the explosion, he lost most use of his right hand.

His one-month sentences for theft of gas and damage of a gas meter will run concurrently.