Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbetbeylikdüzü korsan taksiBetturkey
Prince William has told Mark Drakeford he is ‘honoured’ to be the new Prince of Wales | UK News

Prince William has said he is “honoured” to be the new Prince of Wales during a phone call with the nation’s first minister.

Speaking to Mark Drakeford for the first time since the Queen’s death, the Prince noted his “deep affection” for Wales and vowed to spend the “months and years ahead” committed to the country’s communities.

Before his grandmother’s death, William held the title of the Duke of Cambridge, but was handed the titles previously held by his father after he became King Charles III.

Ceremonies held to proclaim King Charles across UK – latest updates

This makes him the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge, while his wife Catherine is now the Princess of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge.

The Prince and Princess of Wales meeting members of the public at Windsor Castle in Berkshire following the death of Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday. Picture date: Saturday September 10, 2022.

A statement issued by Kensington Palace following the Prince’s conversation with Mr Drakeford said: “The Prince acknowledged his and the Princess’s deep affection for Wales, having made their first family home in Anglesey, including during the earliest months of Prince George’s life.

“The Prince and Princess will spend the months and years ahead deepening their relationship with communities across
Wales.

“They want to do their part to support the aspirations of the Welsh people and to shine a spotlight on both the challenges
and opportunities in front of them.”

Queen’s coffin leaves Balmoral

People line the street as the hearse carrying the coffin of Britain's Queen Elizabeth passes through the village of Ballater, near Balmoral, Scotland, Britain, September 11, 2022. REUTERS/Hannah McKay

The conversation was held as the Queen’s coffin started its journey from Balmoral to Edinburgh.

Draped with the Royal Standard of Scotland, the coffin is travelling from the royal castle, through the Aberdeenshire countryside, to the Palace of Holyroodhouse.

More on the Queen:
What happens between now and the Queen’s funeral?
How the Queen adapted to Scotland’s shifting politics
The secrets behind some of the Queen’s most famous photos

Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon and other party leaders in Scotland are expected to observe the coffin as it makes its way past the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh.

After arriving at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, it will rest in the throne room until Monday afternoon, when it will be moved to St Giles’ Cathedral.

There it will lie for 24 hours, so the public can pay their respects.

UK’s biggest warship, HMS Prince of Wales, breaks down off south coast shortly after setting sail for US | UK News

The UK’s biggest warship has broken down off the south coast shortly after setting sail on what had been billed as a “landmark mission” to the United States.

HMS Prince of Wales, the second of the Royal Navy’s two aircraft carriers, was experiencing an “emerging mechanical issue”, a spokesperson said. The problem is being investigated.

The £3bn carrier, which became fully operational only last year, is reportedly anchored south east of the Isle of Wight while the investigation is carried out.

“HMS Prince of Wales remains in the South Coast Exercise Area while conducting investigations into an emerging mechanical issue,” the Royal Navy spokesperson said.

The problem was first reported by UK Defence Journal, an online news site focused on defence issues, which cited unconfirmed reports about damage to the starboard propeller shaft.

A second specialist news site, Navy Lookout, said the 65,000-tonne warship had suffered a “significant technical fault”.

“Should the issue prove to be serious it goes without saying that this is extremely unfortunate and not a good look for the RN [Royal Navy],” it reported.

The vessel suffered an 'emerging mechanical issue'. Pic: Royal Navy
Image:
The vessel suffered an ’emerging mechanical issue’. Pic: Royal Navy

The warship had departed from nearby Portsmouth on Saturday on what was described by the Royal Navy as a mission to “shape the future of stealth jet and drone operations off the coast of North America and in the Caribbean”.

The trip – provided it goes ahead – is set to see the carrier visit New York, Halifax in Canada and the Caribbean, operating fifth generation F-35 fast jets off the deck as well as drones.

Commanding Officer, Captain Richard Hewitt, said in a statement to mark the departure – and prior to the mechanical glitch: “Taking the HMS Prince of Wales task group across the Atlantic for the rest of this year will not only push the boundaries of UK carrier operations, but will reinforce our close working relationship with our closest ally.

“From operating the F35 Lightnings and drones to hosting the Atlantic Future Forum, none of this would be possible without the efforts of the amazing sailors on board, many of which are on their first deployment with the Royal Navy.”

HMS Prince of Wales, which heads a carrier task group, deployed with a frigate, tanker and an air group of helicopters and drones.

The F-35 warplanes are set to join the ship in the US.

The Prince of Wales’ Charitable Fund accepted donation from Osama bin Laden’s family | UK News

The Prince of Wales’ Charitable Fund accepted a donation from Osama bin Laden’s family in 2013, it has emerged.

According to The Sunday Times, Prince Charles met with the al Qaeda founder’s half-brother Bakr in London – and allegedly agreed to accept a £1m payment.

The report claims that several of the senior royal’s closest advisers urged Charles to return the money.

Clarence House has denied that Prince Charles was personally involved, telling Sky News: “The Prince of Wales’ Charitable Fund has assured us that thorough due diligence was undertaken in accepting this donation.

“The decision to accept was taken by the charity’s trustees alone and any attempt to characterise it otherwise is false.”

Meanwhile, the Prince of Wales’ Charitable Fund added: “The donation from Sheik Bakr bin Laden in 2013 was carefully considered by PWCF trustees at the time.

“Due diligence was conducted, with information sought from a wide range of sources, including government. The decision to accept the donation was taken wholly by the trustees. Any attempt to suggest otherwise is misleading and inaccurate.”

Osama bin Laden was behind the September 11 attacks of 2001, which killed nearly 3,000 people in the US.

The Sunday Times claims that Charles’ meeting with Bakr, the patriarch of the wealthy Saudi family, happened two years after Osama bin Laden was killed by US special forces in Pakistan.

The newspaper reported that the donation was accepted despite the objections of advisers – one of whom said having the money “would not be good for anybody”.

The Prince of Wales’ Charitable Fund was founded in 1979 and awards grants to UK-registered non-profit organisations for projects in the UK, Commonwealth and other countries.

This is not the first time that PWCF’s activities have come under scrutiny.

Earlier this year, The Sunday Times reported that Prince Charles had accepted a suitcase full of cash as a charitable donation from the former prime minister of Qatar.

Three lots of money totalling €3m were handed to the prince personally between 2011 and 2015 by Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani.

The palace has not denied that on one occasion, he presented the prince with €1m which was reportedly put into carrier bags from Fortnum & Mason, the luxury food store that has a royal charter to provide the Royal Family with groceries.

Clarence House insists all ­correct processes were followed over the donations – and a senior palace source later said Prince Charles accepting bags of cash for his charity “would not happen again”.

Earlier in July, the Charity Commission said it would be taking no further action over that donation – adding it has “no concerns” about the governance of the prince’s charity and that trustees submitted information via a serious incident report.

There was no suggestion those payments were illegal, but anti-monarchy campaign group Republic said it wrote to the Charity Commission to demand an investigation.