Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbethack forumBetturkeyXumabet GirişrestbetbetpasGonebetBetticketTrendbetistanbulbahisbetixirtwinplaymegaparifixbetzbahisalobetaspercasino1winorisbetbetkom
Murder investigation under way after man shot dead while walking dog in Aberfeldy | UK News

A murder investigation is under way after a man was shot dead while walking his dog.

Brian Low, 65, was gunned down in the Pitilie area on the outskirts of Aberfeldy at around 8.30am on Saturday 17 February, Police Scotland said.

Emergency services attended, but Mr Low, of Aberfeldy, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police are treating the death as murder following a post-mortem examination.

The force said Mr Low’s family are being supported by specialist officers and a report will be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.

Detective Chief Inspector Martin Macdougall, of the major investigation team, said: “Our thoughts are with Brian’s family at this very difficult time and we are doing all we can to get them answers.

“We have been carrying out extensive enquiries since Brian’s death and detectives are working alongside uniformed officers to establish the full circumstances.”

Mr Low was walking his black Labrador along a remote track when he was shot.

DCI Macdougall is urging anyone with information about the incident, including photographs, CCTV or dashcam footage, to come forward.

He added: “Please do not assume that the police already know the information you have.”

An online portal has been set up for members of the public to submit information in regards to the case.

Read more from Sky News:
BBC apologises to family at centre of Huw Edwards scandal

Man pretended to be taxi driver before abducting and raping woman in barber shop

Local Area Commander Greg Burns added: “I understand this is an extremely concerning incident for this small, rural community.

“I want to take this opportunity to reassure people that we are working round the clock to find out what happened to Brian.

“We will have additional high-visibility patrols in the area and you will see significant police activity over the coming days.

“Anyone with any concerns can approach these officers at any time.”

Junior doctors walking out for five days – the longest strike in NHS history | Politics News

Junior doctors are striking for five days from today, marking their longest period of industrial action yet.

From 7am, young medics at the British Medical Association (BMA) will walk out as they argue for their pay to be raised by about 35%.

They will return to wards on Tuesday.

Politics latest: Rishi Sunak will ‘strain every sinew’ to keep promises

Such an increase is being demanded as the union argues it wants to restore pay to the levels seen by junior doctors in 2008 – with increases since eroded by inflation.

But Health Secretary Steve Barclay says the five-day action “collapsed” the negotiations that had been taking place.

This action follows months of wrangling between unions, the NHS and government over pay awards.

Non-doctor workers, including nurses, accepted improved terms that included a one-off payment, a pay rise of 5% for most staff and 10.4% for those on the lowest wages, and a series of “non-pay measures to support the workforce”.

Many unions accepted this offer, but some – including the Royal College of Nursing, podiatrists, radiographers and Unite – rejected it, but lost their case at a plenary meeting and the agreement was imposed.

Meanwhile, NHS consultants are set to strike for 48 hours from 7am on Thursday 20 July.

According to the BMA, “junior doctors were offered an insulting and well below inflation pay rise of 2%” – which is why they want the 35% bump.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Junior doctors to strike

BMA leaders Dr Robert Laurenson and Dr Vivek Trivedi said: “Today marks the start of the longest single walkout by doctors in the NHS’s history, but this is still not a record that needs to go into the history books.

“We can call this strike off today if the UK government will simply follow the example of the government in Scotland and drop their nonsensical precondition of not talking whilst strikes are announced and produce an offer which is credible to the doctors they are speaking with.

“The pay offer on the table to junior doctors in Scotland and how it was reached throws into sharp relief the obstinate approach being taken by the prime minister and the health secretary, Steve Barclay.

“The health secretary has said there can be no talks while strikes are planned – Scotland has proved him wrong. He said above 5% wasn’t realistic – Scotland proved him wrong. He refused to even acknowledge the concept of pay restoration – Scotland proved this is not only possible but essential.”

Junior doctors in Scotland are to vote on a pay offer worth 17.5% over two years.

NHS Providers has called on both the unions and the government to come back to the negotiating table.

Deputy chief executive Saffron Cordery said: “Eight consecutive months of industrial action across the NHS are taking their toll not just on patients, with more than 651,000 routine procedures and appointments forced to be rescheduled, but on already overstretched services – hampering efforts to cut waiting lists.”

Mr Barclay said: “It is disappointing that the BMA is going ahead with further strike action. This five-day walkout by junior doctors will have an impact on thousands of patients, put patient safety at risk and hamper efforts to cut NHS waiting lists.

“We were in discussions about pay and a range of other measures to improve the working lives of junior doctors until their representatives collapsed the negotiations by announcing further strikes.

“A pay demand of 35% or more is unreasonable and risks fuelling inflation, which makes everyone poorer.”

Click to subscribe to Beth Rigby Interviews… wherever you get your podcasts

33,000 more civil servants to join 100,000 already walking out next month | Politics News

A further 33,000 more civil servants have voted to strike next month – joining 100,000 already walking out.

The newly balloted members of the Public and Commercial Services (PCS) union will join the other civil servants who are walking out on 15 March – the same day as the next budget announcement.

They are calling for a pay rise of at least 10%, protection to pensions, job security and no cuts to redundancy pay.

Sunak ‘over the moon’ with new Brexit deal – latest politics updates

The government has said the demands – which it says would cost £2.4bn – are unaffordable.

Ten groups of civil servants, previously balloted along with the others in November, failed to reach the 50% turnout threshold at the time but in a re-ballot, which ended yesterday, all of them reached the threshold and voted to strike.

The new groups who are joining the day of action include: the Care Commission, Companies House, HMRC, the Information Commissioner’s Office, the National Museum of Wales, Office of Rail & Road, UK Export Finance, UK SBS, the Valuation Office Agency and the Welsh Government.

They join the 124 groups, with 100,000 civil servants, who voted in November to strike.

Four other departments yesterday voted to take action short of a strike. They are the Rural Payments Agency, DEFRA, the Forestry Commission and the Marine Maritime Organisation.

Read more: Who is striking in 2023 and when?

PCS general secretary Mark Serwotka said: “Today’s overwhelming result is an astonishing show of strength and intent from our members and sends a very strong message to the government that we will not stop this action until we get a fair pay rise.

“We have consistently demanded a pay rise to help our members through the cost-of-living crisis; ministers have consistently refused to put more money on the table.

“They might have hoped we’d go away if they buried their heads in the sand, but they’ve under-estimated the determination of our members, who were praised for keeping the country running during the pandemic but now taken for granted.

“As these results clearly demonstrate, our members have had enough. Unless ministers put more money on the table, our strikes will continue to escalate, beginning on 15 March.”

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

UK faces fresh wave of winter strikes

PCS members at the Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA and Land Registry are already striking this week.

Next week, the union’s members at Ofsted and driving instructors are taking action.

Most PCS members who were balloted last year will vote again on 20 March as their six-month strike mandate expires in May.

Major search for missing 45-year-old who vanished while walking her dog in Lancashire | UK News

A major search is under way to find a 45-year-old woman from Inskip, Lancashire, who vanished while walking her dog.

Nicola Bulley was last seen two days ago – on Friday 27 January – at around 9.15am on a footpath by the River Wyre off Garstang Road in the village of St Michael’s on Wyre.

Emergency crews including Lancashire Police, Lancashire Fire and Rescue, Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue team and the North West Underwater Search Team have joined the search.

Police dive teams, fire service drones, search dogs, helicopters and mountain rescue volunteers have been sent to the area.

Lancashire Police said Ms Bulley’s dog – a brown Spaniel – has been found close to where she was last seen and hope this might help jog the memory of anyone who saw her at around the same time and who may have information relating to her whereabouts.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair and she speaks with an Essex accent.

Ms Bulley was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

As well as Inskip and St Michael’s on Wyre, she also has links to Thornton Cleveleys.

Police say they are “extremely concerned” about her and have urged anyone with information about where she may be to get in touch.

The force said it is keeping an open mind about where she may be, and detectives investigating the circumstances around her disappearance are following a number of lines of enquiry.

Read more on Sky News:
Six children found in abandoned wine cellar
24 star Annie Wersching dies
Sunak urged to ‘come clean’ over Zahawi tax scandal

Chief Inspector Chris Barton said: “Nicola has now been missing for two days and we are extremely concerned about her.

“Firstly, if anybody saw her on Friday morning and has not yet been spoken to by police, or if anybody has any other information about where she might be, please get in touch with us straight away.

“Enquiries are very much ongoing and we have a team of detectives working tirelessly to establish the circumstances around her disappearance, in addition to a large team of police officers, partner agency and volunteer groups on the ground searching the area around where she was last seen.”

He added officers are aware a large number of people from the local community have organised a search of the area, and urged them to stay safe.

The River Wyre and its banks are extremely dangerous and searching these areas presents a genuine risk to the public, the force said.