Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbethack forumBetturkeyXumabet GirişrestbetbetpasGonebetBetticketTrendbetistanbulbahisbetixirtwinplaymegaparifixbetzbahisalobetaspercasino1winorisbetbetkom
Great Yarmouth: Man charged with murder after woman’s body found at property | UK News

A 40-year-old man has been charged with the murder of a woman in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.

Police were called to the address on Princes Road shortly after 9am on Saturday after receiving information the body of a woman was inside the property.

A woman, believed to be in her 30s, was discovered.

An initial Home Office post-mortem examination was conducted on Sunday and preliminary findings show the woman’s death was consistent with compression to the neck, Norfolk Constabulary said.

Adam Barnard, of Princes Road, Great Yarmouth, has been charged with the woman’s murder.

He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Monday.

Norfolk Constabulary has referred itself to the police watchdog as it had been in contact with the woman before she died.

Detectives are continuing to appeal for any witnesses who may have seen or heard any suspicious activity in the Prinecs Road area to come forward.

Teenage boy arrested on suspicion of 22-year-old woman’s murder | UK News

A sixteen-year-old boy has been arrested after the death of a woman in south London on Christmas Eve, police have said.

The Metropolitan Police were called to reports of a 22-year-old woman with knife injuries at a residential property in Spenlow House, Bermondsey at 10.03pm on Sunday.

Paramedics also attended but she was pronounced dead there shortly after.

On Christmas Day, detectives revealed the suspect – a teenage boy – was arrested on suspicion of her murder nearby later that evening.

The victim and suspect were known to each other, police added.

Her family has been informed, while the suspect remains in custody at a south London police station.

A post-mortem examination will be carried out on Boxing Day, the force said.

A police officer outside Spenlow House in Bermondsey, south London
Image:
The scene in south London on Christmas Day

Detective Chief Inspector Brian Howie commented: “One person has been arrested, however we still need to hear from anyone who was in the Spenlow House area [of Bermondsey] between 7pm and 11pm on Christmas Eve and may have seen or heard anything suspicious.

“I would urge anyone with any information that may be relevant to our investigation, no matter how insignificant it may have seemed at the time, to come forward immediately.”

Russell Brand ‘ripped holes in woman’s tights’ and ‘refused to call her taxi until she performed a sex act’ | Ents & Arts News

A woman has told Sky News that Russell Brand made her feel “vulnerable and intimidated” – and alleges he refused to call her a taxi until she performed a sex act.

It comes as new allegations continue to emerge about the comedian’s behaviour, as another organisation cut ties with him.

Sarah, whose name has been changed, claims she met Russell Brand on an aeroplane where he “seemed friendly and charming”.

He invited her for breakfast and a walk after the flight and she agreed to travel in his limousine.

“He changed,” she says, “like he wasn’t friendly and charming in the limo. He was aggressive and I felt very vulnerable and intimidated.”

She describes Brand “jumping” on her.

Cast member Russell Brand arrives at the premiere of "Rock of Ages" at the Grauman's Chinese theatre in Hollywood, California June 8, 2012. The movie opens in the U.S. on June 15.   REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni  (UNITED STATES - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT)
Image:
Russell Brand in 2012. File pic

“The limo driver was turning around a few times because I was saying no, but he ripped a hole – more than one hole – in the tights that I was wearing,” she says.

Sarah says they drove straight to Brand’s house where they had consensual sex.

“I mean, it was consensual. I didn’t say no,” she said, “but I feel like there’s a fine line between being forced and being coerced, you know, like being in a situation where the only way out is just to get it over and done with and leave.”

She claims Brand then refused to call her a taxi until she performed oral sex on him.

“I wanted to leave and I said, ‘I need to get a taxi’. And he said, ‘I’m not going to get you a taxi until you do this’, which was a sex act.”

She describes feeling “really trapped” and wanting to “scale that house.”

Sky News has reached out to Russell Brand’s representatives for comment.

Read more:
The allegations in full
Stars’ past warnings resurface
From drug addict to controversial comedy star

‘No, no, no’

The BBC, meanwhile, has said it is looking into new allegations by another woman who claimed he exposed himself to her.

The woman, whom the BBC is naming ‘Olivia’, said she was working in the same building as Brand 15 years ago in Los Angeles when the incident happened.

She claims she answered the door to Brand and his team, and when she went into the bathroom she noticed he was behind her.

Speaking to the BBC, she claims Brand said he was going to have sex with her, to which she replied “no, you’re not”.

Olivia then alleges Brand showed her his genitals to which she responded with “no, no, no”.

She says she returned to her desk afterwards and texted a BBC employee in the office about what had happened.

The employee told her that he knew because Brand was talking about it in the studio, on Radio 2.

Russell Brand in 2008
Image:
Russell Brand in 2008

In the broadcast, which aired on 21 June 2008, Brand is heard speaking to his co-presenter Matt Morgan about it.

Morgan said: “[It’s been] 25 minutes since he showed his w**** to a lady,” and referred to “the receptionist”.

Brand is apparently heard laughing in the background.

According to the BBC report, Olivia never made a complaint, but management was informed in 2019 and no formal action was taken.

The BBC said it was sorry to hear the allegations and would investigate them as part of a review into Brand’s time at the BBC.

In a statement reported on BBC News, Matt Morgan said: “I was not aware until now of the nature of this encounter.

“I’ve expressed my regrets now looking back at the impact of the show and this is a further example.

“The recent coverage has been very distressing to read and I reiterate my absolute condemnation of any form of the mistreatment of women.”

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Dispatches programme makers speak

‘Open secret’

Comedian Nish Kumar has also spoken out, on his Pod Save The UK podcast, describing the presence of alleged sexual predators as an “open secret” on the comedy scene.

Brand, 48, has previously been accused of rape, sexual assault and abuse by four other women between 2006 and 2013.

He has denied all the claims – saying that his relationships have always been consensual.

The accusations were first reported by the Sunday Times, The Times, and Channel 4’s Dispatches earlier this month.

The Metropolitan Police subsequently said it had received a sexual assault allegation against Brand dating back to 2003.

As a result, a number of organisations have now cut ties with the presenter.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

C4 boss: Brand allegations ‘disgusting’

The latest to end its association with Brand is the Treasures Foundation, which said it had been “extremely saddened” by the allegations.

In a statement, the charity said it was “founded on Christian principles” and is “totally committed to advocating for the voices of women”.

It continues: “As a result of the recent media investigation into Russell Brand, we have made the decision to no longer receive any support from Mr Brand, and the Stay Free Foundation.

“Moving forward our focus remains on the women under our care.”

Eleanor Williams sentencing: Three men tried to take their own lives over woman’s rape lies, court hears | UK News

Three men tried to take their own lives after being falsely accused of rape, a court has heard.

Eleanor Williams accused the trio and others of attacking her and in May 2020 she posted on Facebook she was the victim of an Asian grooming gang, along with photos of injuries the prosecution claims were self-inflicted with a hammer.

The woman’s allegations led to an “unprecedented outcry” and protests in her hometown of Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, in public displays of mass anger not seen there for more than 30 years, said police.

There were 151 extra crimes following the social media post, including 83 hate crimes, Preston Crown Court heard.

Some businesses shut and members of the community left their homes because of the outcry, the police added.

Williams, 22, is waiting to learn her fate at a sentencing hearing after being convicted of perverting the course of justice in January this year.

In court on Monday, business owner Mohammed Ramzan said the allegations against him had made his life “hell on earth”.

Eleanor Williams
Image:
Eleanor Williams was found guilty of perverting the course of justice

‘I still bear the scars’

He said he tried to take his life two weeks after being arrested over Williams’ claims and added: “I still bear the scars to this day.”

Mr Ramzan said he had “countless death threats” on social media from people “all over the world”.

His property was damaged and his businesses were “ruined” after he and his family were targeted “in the most horrendous way”, Mr Ramzan told the court.

Read more: How woman’s lies and self-inflicted injuries unleashed hatred and death threats

Mohammed Ramzan
Image:
Mohammed Ramzan

Another man, Jordan Trengove, said: “The lowest point was when I tried to end my life in August 2020.”

He said in a statement to the court that after Williams alleged he raped her, the word “rapist” was spray painted on his house and his window was smashed.

After he was charged, he said he spent 73 days in prison, sharing a cell with a convicted sex offender.

A third man, Oliver Gardner, said his chance encounter with Williams in Preston led to him being sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Mr Gardner, who was accused of rape after he met Williams in the city centre, said it was a “real shock” when he was contacted by police and told of her claims.

He said: “It was just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

In his statement, he said he tried to end his life before being sectioned. He added: “This whole period in my life has been totally overwhelming.”

Defending Williams, Louise Blackwell KC said: “Miss Williams continues in her allegations against the various people in pretty much the same circumstances.”

On Tuesday, the defendant is due to be sentenced for nine offences of doing acts tending and intended to pervert the course of justice.

Nicola Bulley: Home secretary demands police explain ‘concerning’ decision to reveal details of missing woman’s private life | UK News

The home secretary has demanded an “explanation” from police over the decision to reveal details of Nicola Bulley’s private life.

A source close to Suella Braverman said she was “concerned” by the disclosure of the missing mother-of-two’s personal information by Lancashire Police, including that she suffered “some significant issues with alcohol”, which had resurfaced over recent months.

The Home Office said it was receiving regular updates from the force – and received an explanation on Thursday for “why personal details about Nicola were briefed out at this stage of the investigation”.

Lancashire Police has also referred itself to the relevant watchdog, the Independent Office for Police Conduct, over contact officers had with the 45-year-old prior to her disappearance on 27 January.

Friday marks three weeks since she vanished while taking her dog for a walk by the River Wyre in Lancashire.

Family’s plea to end ‘appalling’ speculation

The home secretary’s intervention comes after Ms Bulley’s relatives asked the public to end the “appalling” levels of speculation and “rumours” about her private life.

They also spoke about the “significant” side effects she faced from perimenopause.

In a statement by the family, published through the force, they made clear the police “know the truth about Nikki”.

They said Ms Bulley suffered from brain fog and restless sleep and stopped taking hormone replacement drugs, commonly used to treat symptoms of the menopause, as it gave her “intense headaches”.

WHAT IMPACT CAN MENOPAUSE HAVE?

Menopause is when your periods stop due to lower hormone levels and usually happens between the ages of 45 and 55.

Perimenopause is when you have symptoms before your periods have stopped, according to the NHS.

Perimenopause can last for up to 10 years before your periods stop altogether and most commonly occurs in women in their 40s.

The NHS says menopause and perimenopause symptoms can have a big impact on a person’s life, including their relationships and work.

Common symptoms include: anxiety, mood swings, brain fog, hot flashes, difficulty sleeping and headaches and migraines, among others.

Whilst not all women will experience menopausal symptoms, up to 80-90% will have some symptoms, with 25% describing them as severe and debilitating, according to the British Menopause Society.

Symptoms of menopause can be so debilitating that a survey published last year found that one in 10 women have quit their job because of it.

HRT is a method of managing symptoms of perimenopause and menopause and is taken by millions of women worldwide, however it does not work well for everybody.

It involves taking oestrogen to elevate the body’s levels of the hormone and is often combined with progesterone.

Read more about perimenopause and the symptoms here

Initially, the force refused to elaborate on “vulnerabilities” which made Ms Bulley a high risk missing person, but later released a statement about her medical and mental health issues.

It also reported a response car staffed by police and health workers “attended a report of concern for welfare” at her home on 10 January.

Read more:
Timeline – what were Nicola Bulley’s last movements?
Community ‘in shock’ over dog walker’s disappearance
How local knowledge could help despite ‘toxic’ interest

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Why Nicola Bulley was listed as ‘high risk’

Having come under criticism for revealing the details, Conservative police and crime commissioner for Lancashire, Andrew Snowden, said the force were being “as transparent as they can be”.

Officers acknowledged it was an unusual move to divulge such personal information about a missing person, but said they wanted to explain what they meant by “vulnerabilities”.

Click to subscribe to the Sky News Daily wherever you get your podcasts

Ms Bulley’s family said public focus “must be on finding her” and not “making up wild theories about her personal life”, before issuing a direct plea to her to return.

“Your girls want a cuddle,” they said.