Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbethack forumBetturkeyXumabet GirişrestbetbetpasGonebetBetticketTrendbetistanbulbahisbetixirtwinplaymegaparifixbetzbahisalobetaspercasino1winorisbetbetkom
Should we be worried about the new COVID variant? | UK News

The emergence of a new COVID variant, BA.2.8, has pushed forward the winter vaccination programme, with the rollout starting on Monday in England for older adult care home residents and immunosuppressed people.

All over-65s will be offered the jab during the next few weeks.

The other nations are also beginning their vaccination programmes this month.

On the Sky News Daily, Niall Paterson is joined by Professor Susan Hopkins, chief medical adviser at the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA), to discuss the new variant, and the importance of getting vulnerable people vaccinated.

Plus, our chief correspondent Stuart Ramsey talks to Niall from the epicentre of the earthquake in Morocco, which has killed 2,500 people so far.

Click to subscribe to the Sky News Daily wherever you get your podcasts

Producers: Emma Rae Woodhouse and Soila Apparicio
Interviews producer: Melissa Tutesigensi
Promotions producer: David Chipakupaku
Editor: Wendy Parker

Jeremy Vine ‘worried’ about BBC presenter’s ‘state of mind’ | UK News

Jeremy Vine has said he is “worried about the state of mind” of the presenter at the centre of the BBC scandal. 

Speaking on his Channel 5 show, Vine – who also hosts an afternoon show on BBC Radio 2 – said: “It’s his decision but he needs to come forward now, I think.

“I know his survival instinct has kicked in and I know he saw what happened to Phillip Schofield, but my God look at the damage to the BBC, look at the damage to his friends, to those falsely accused – and the longer he leaves it the worse it will be for him.”

BBC presenter scandal – latest updates

Vine said he thought “very carefully” before posting his tweet on Tuesday night urging the unnamed presenter to reveal himself, adding: “I know the individual concerned. I am very worried about his state of mind and what this is doing to him.

“I haven’t spoken to him but I gather from somebody who has that he is described as angry and keen to play it long.

“Now to me that means that he wants to be anonymous for as long as possible hoping that he can one day walk back into the building.”

The presenter was suspended over the weekend after The Sun claimed he had paid tens of thousands of pounds to a young person in exchange for sexually explicit photographs.

On Tuesday further allegations emerged involving the presenter, who allegedly sent threatening messages to another young person in their early 20s, who has no connection to The Sun’s accuser, the BBC reported.

A third person, aged 23, then alleged the presenter defied COVID rules to meet them during a national lockdown in February 2021, The Sun claimed.

Separately, The Sun has also published messages that were allegedly sent to a 17-year-old after a conversation was initiated on Instagram in October 2018.

The paper said the messages contained love heart emojis and kisses.

The person, now 22, was quoted as saying: “Looking back now it does seem creepy because he was messaging me when I was still at school.”