Two more teenagers arrested over fatal stabbings of Charlie Bartolo and Kearne Solanke in southeast London | UK News
Two more teenagers have been arrested over the fatal stabbings of two 16-year-old boys in southeast London.
Police detained the suspects, aged 15 and 16, following the killings of Charlie Bartolo and Kearne Solanke in two separate incidents about a mile apart at the weekend.
Charlie was found with stab wounds in Sewell Road, Abbey Wood, at around 5.10pm on Saturday, with Kearne discovered with similar injuries in Titmuss Avenue, Thamesmead, at around the same time.
Another 16-year-old who was previously arrested on Sunday on suspicion of both murders has been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Kate Blackburn said: “My officers are working around the clock to establish the circumstances of these senseless murders and to find those responsible.”
She added that the force is investigating a “number of lines of enquiries” and she is “keeping an open mind about any motive”.
“The arrests are a positive development, but we continue to work to understand the events that unfolded on Saturday evening,” she said.
‘Help us bring justice for these young boys’
The Met Police have appealed for anyone with information on the incidents to come forward, specifically those who saw a black Nissan Qashqai with silver roof bars in either area in the days or hours before the murders.
“We have the vehicle in our possession, but are still interested in witnesses who may have seen it being driven locally. Information you provide could help us bring justice for these young boys and their families,” DCI Blackburn added.
Detective Superintendent Richard McDonagh, from the South East Command Unit, assured the local community that officers will “work tirelessly” to discover what happened and urged people to continue working together to “prevent such tragedies” in the future.
The families of Charlie and Kearne are being supported by specialist officers.