Search for:
kralbetz.com1xbit güncelTipobet365Anadolu Casino GirişMariobet GirişSupertotobet mobil girişBetistbahis.comSahabetTarafbetMatadorbethack forumBetturkeyXumabet GirişrestbetbetpasGonebetBetticketTrendbetistanbulbahisbetixirtwinplaymegaparifixbetzbahisalobetaspercasino1winorisbetbetkom
Man charged with attempted murder of senior Northern Ireland police detective | UK News

A 44-year-old man has been charged with the attempted murder of Detective Chief Inspector John Caldwell in Co Tyrone last year.

The man was arrested in the Dungannon area on Thursday and charged on Friday evening.

He has been charged with attempted murder, directing terrorism and preparation of terrorist acts.

The man is due to appear before Dungannon Magistrates’ Court on Saturday morning, the Police Service of Northern Ireland said.

The senior officer was seriously injured after he was shot several times in front of his son at a sports complex in Omagh, Co Tyrone, on 22 February 2023.

The detective, who had investigated a number of high-profile murder cases, spent several weeks in intensive care.

Read more from Sky News:
Kidnap plot hatched week before Madeleine McCann disappeared
Weather warnings: Full list of where it could snow in UK this week

A typed message, purportedly from the New IRA, was posted on a wall in Londonderry and said the group was responsible for the shooting.

Police have said the New IRA is the main line of inquiry in the investigation.

A number of people have previously appeared in court charged in connection with Mr Caldwell’s shooting and on charges around the claim of responsibility.

Mr Caldwell suffered “life-changing” injuries in the attack.

He made his first public appearance since the shooting in May – when he attended a garden party in Co Down with the King and Queen.

Two boys charged with murders of teenagers Mason Rist and Max Dixon in Bristol | UK News

Two boys have been charged with the murders of Mason Rist and Max Dixon in Bristol on Saturday night.

The boys, 15 and 16, remain in police custody and will appear at Bristol Youth Court on Friday, Avon and Somerset Police said.

Mason, 15, and Max, 16, died after being stabbed in Ilminster Avenue at around 11.20pm.

Pic: PA
Police outside a house near to the scene in south Bristol where two teenage boys, aged 15 and 16, died after a stabbing attack by a group of people who fled the scene in a car. Picture date: Monday January 29, 2024.
Image:
Pic: PA


In addition to the murder charges, police have charged two men with two counts each of assisting an offender.

Bailey Westcott, 22, and Jamie Ogbourne, 26, both from Bristol, will appear at Bristol Magistrates’ Court on Friday.

A vigil was held near the scene. Pic: PA
Image:
A vigil was held near the scene. Pic: PA

Antony Snook, 44, who was charged with two counts of murder on Wednesday was remanded into custody ahead of a further hearing at Bristol Crown Court on Friday.

Police said eight people have been arrested in total, including a woman on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.

Read more from Sky News:
Chemical attack suspect is ex-asylum seeker
Experts predict impact of XL bully ban

A 20-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of murder and possession of an offensive weapon in a private place. He has been bailed but no further action will be taken related to the murder offence, police had said.

Detective Superintendent Gary Haskins, head of the Major Crime Investigation Team, said: “Specialist officers are providing support to Mason’s and Max’s families.”

Great Yarmouth: Man charged with murder after woman’s body found at property | UK News

A 40-year-old man has been charged with the murder of a woman in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.

Police were called to the address on Princes Road shortly after 9am on Saturday after receiving information the body of a woman was inside the property.

A woman, believed to be in her 30s, was discovered.

An initial Home Office post-mortem examination was conducted on Sunday and preliminary findings show the woman’s death was consistent with compression to the neck, Norfolk Constabulary said.

Adam Barnard, of Princes Road, Great Yarmouth, has been charged with the woman’s murder.

He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Monday.

Norfolk Constabulary has referred itself to the police watchdog as it had been in contact with the woman before she died.

Detectives are continuing to appeal for any witnesses who may have seen or heard any suspicious activity in the Prinecs Road area to come forward.

Greater Manchester Police officer charged with sexual assault on a child | UK News

A police officer has been charged with sexual assault on a child.

PC Dean Dempster is accused of sexual assault on a child under 13 and misconduct in a public office, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said.

The 34-year-old, who was posted to GMP’s Oldham district, is due to appear before Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court on Monday.

Dempster was charged after an investigation by GMP.

He has been suspended from duty and remanded into custody.

Read more from Sky News:
Tsunami warning in Japan after 7.6 magnitude earthquake
Most anticipated films coming in 2024

Misconduct proceedings will resume when the full criminal case has concluded, the force said.

Shawn Seesahai death: Two 12-year-old boys charged with murder after man killed in Wolverhampton | UK News

Two 12-year-old boys have been charged with murder after a man was stabbed to death in Wolverhampton.

Shawn Seesahai, 19, was killed on Monday evening.

The boys have also been charged with possession of a bladed article.

Both children, who cannot be named due to their age, have been remanded in custody to appear at Birmingham Magistrates’ Court on Friday.

Mr Seesahai died after an incident in Laburnum Road in East Park at around 8.30pm on Monday.

In a statement released via West Midlands Police, the teenager’s mother said: “Shawn Seesahai was a courageous, compassionate and confident young soul who sadly lost his life at the age of 19.

He “cared deeply about his friends and family” and “absolutely loved to help people”, she said.

Mr Seesahai was “looking forward to accomplishing many future plans and ambitions”, she added.

“He was a generous person and had a good personality.

“We will always have him in our hearts.”

The force said it had increased dedicated patrols in the area following the tragedy.

The two boys were arrested on Tuesday, when DCI Dave Sanders, from the homicide team, said: “Our thoughts remain with Shawn’s family, who have been fully updated with this latest development.

“Our investigation is moving at pace and we continue to encourage anyone with information to contact us.”

People have been urged not to speculate on social media and to allow detectives to “continue with our investigation to achieve justice for Shawn’s family.”

Rochdale Cenotaph: Two teenagers charged with criminal damage for spraying ‘Free Palestine’ on war memorial | UK News

Two teenagers have been charged for writing “Free Palestine” on Rochdale Cenotaph.

On Tuesday, the war memorial in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, was spray painted with the slogan in red.

Today, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said two men have been charged with racially aggravated criminal damage, with one also accused of theft, after they were arrested on Tuesday.

The force said neither of the teenagers could be legally identified due to their ages, and added both had been released on bail.

GMP declined to give the ages of the defendants. A court date has yet to be fixed.

Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Round said: “I hope the swift charges provide some reassurance to the public that our investigation is moving at pace.

“I understand the emotional distress that has been caused in the local community by the damage to the cenotaph and our team of detectives will continue working tirelessly to hold those responsible to account.”

Rochdale cenotaph with the words 'Free Palestine' spray painted across it
Image:
Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Round said: ‘I hope the swift charges provide some reassurance.’

After the incident on Tuesday, GMP officers have been stationed by the memorial, which stands yards away from the police station.

Sir Edwin Lutyens designed the Rochdale memorial, as well as the Cenotaph in Whitehall.

The northern cenotaph is one of seven based outside of London, and was unveiled in 1922.

Five people charged after pro-Palestinian protests in London | UK News

Five people have been charged, the Metropolitan Police said, following pro-Palestinian protests in London.

The force arrested a total of nine people – two on suspicion of assaulting police officers and seven for alleged public order offences – as tens of thousands took to the streets of the capital on Saturday to stand against Israel’s bombing of Gaza, along with counter-demonstrations.

Two other women were held on suspicion of inciting racial hatred on Sunday morning following an incident in Trafalgar Square.

The Met have faced criticism of their policing of the march, where more than 1,000 police officers were on duty.

The five people charged are:

• Kadirul Islam, 33, of no fixed address, has been charged with a racially aggravated public order offence after allegedly shouting racist abuse.

• Emma Turvey, 51, from Grays, Essex has been charged with a public order offence after a can of beer was allegedly thrown at a protestor in Whitehall.

• Atif Sharif, 41, of Walthamstow, east London, has been charged with causing actual bodily harm after an officer was allegedly assaulted and suffered a head injury.

• Laura Davis, 22, of Barnet, north London, has been charged with a racially aggravated public order offence relating to an incident near Piccadilly Circus where an allegedly racist and threatening placard was displayed.

• A 16-year-old boy, who cannot be identified because of his age, has been charged with a public order offence after verbal abuse was allegedly directed at officers escorting protesters.

Greta Thunberg charged with public order offence after London climate protest | UK News

Swedish activist Greta Thunberg has been charged with a public order offence after a climate protest in central London.

Thunberg, 20, was among 26 people charged over a protest outside the the InterContinental Hotel in Mayfair on Tuesday while oil executives met inside as part of the Energy Intelligence forum.

Officers said they imposed conditions to “prevent disruption to the public” and asked the protesters to move from the road onto the pavement.

The force said this would have allowed the demonstrators to continue protesting legally.

The Metropolitan Police said Thunberg, whose address was given as Dorset, has been charged with failing to comply with a condition imposed under Section 14 of the Public Order Act.

She and others were bailed to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on 15 November.

Industry leaders from Shell, Total, Equinor, Saudi Aramco and other oil giants had been at the forum which was the focus of the demonstration which was organised by Fossil Free London.

Read more:
Probe launched into marketing at leading boiler maker
First ever Chinese mitten crab trap installed in UK
Electric truck maker Volta to collapse

Police officers detain Swedish climate campaigner Greta Thunberg during a protest in London

Thunberg told reporters at the protest: “The world is drowning in fossil fuels. Our hopes and dreams and lives are being washed away by a flood of greenwashing and lies.

“It has been clear for decades that the fossil fuel industries were well aware of the consequences of their business models, and yet, they have done nothing.

“The opposite – they have actively delayed, distracted and denied the causes of the climate crisis and spread doubts about their own engagement in it.”

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.

Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

You can receive breaking news alerts on a smartphone or tablet via the Sky News app. You can also follow @SkyNews on X or subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with the latest news.

Bradley Lowery: Man, 31, charged with public order offence after image of six-year-old allegedly mocked at football match | UK News

A 31-year-old man has been charged with a public order offence after an image of a six-year-old Sunderland fan who died of cancer was displayed at a football match.

Dale Houghton, from Rotherham, will appear before Sheffield Magistrates’ Court on Monday morning in connection to the incident, which took place at a match between Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland on Friday.

Police said they have also applied for a football banning order.

A 27-year-old man, also arrested on Saturday, has been released on police bail while further enquiries are conducted.

Houghton was remanded in custody.

Following the incident, more than £11,000 has been raised for The Bradley Lowery Foundation, a charity set up after his death in 2017.

The Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Women’s Supporters’ Group set up a GoFundMe page on Saturday, which has now smashed its initial £5,000 target.

The funds will go towards a holiday home that the foundation is building in Scarborough, to help bereaved families and children going through treatment.

In a statement, the foundation said it was “overwhelmed” by the support and wanted to thank everyone who has contacted the charity.

Read more from Sky News:
M53 school bus crash survivor describes ‘shock’ and flashbacks
Turkey carries out airstrikes in Northern Iraq after suicide attack in Ankara

Sheffield Wednesday also released a statement shortly after the incident apologising to Bradley’s friends and family.

The young football fan was diagnosed with rare childhood cancer neuroblastoma when he was just 18-months-old. He died in 2017.

On Sunday, Lynn Murphy, co-founder of the foundation, said Bradley brought rival teams within the game together.

“He went through some gruelling treatments, but he always did it with a smile on his face, and that smile is the thing that everyone remembers him for,” she told Sky News.

He was a mascot for both Sunderland and England and also struck up a close bond with striker Jermain Defoe, who called him his “best mate”.

Carl Alesbrook: Teenager charged over death of four-month-old – as baby’s mother faces cruelty allegation | UK News

A teenager has been charged with murder over the death of a four-month-old baby.

Carl Alesbrook has also been charged with causing grievous bodily harm to the boy, named Elijah, who died in January last year.

At the time, the 18-year-old was the partner of Elijah’s mother, India Shemwell.

She has been charged with cruelty to a person under 16.

Shemwell, of Derby, has been released on police bail, while Alesbrook, of Matlock, has been remanded in police custody.

He is due to appear at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.

It comes after police were called to an address in the town of Belper, Derbyshire, just before 10.50pm on 2 January last year.

Officers attended the property after a report that a young baby was in cardiac arrest.

Elijah, was taken to hospital by ambulance, but died three days later on 5 January.